We offer cost-effective solutions for injection molded packages with a superior barrier coating. Our 3D-Coating process is ideal for injection molded packages in all shapes and sizes.
The barrier function is achieved with the one-of-a-kind “cavonium®-coating”. This 3D-Coating Technology is especially suitable for three dimensional and complex packaging elements, i.e. food containers, capsules, bowls, closures, tube shoulders etc. and elements from medical technology, i.e. lab consumables.
3D-Coating is the perfect solution for a secure and environmental friendly packaging in the food, pharma, cosmetic and chemical industries.
- Coffee capsules
- Tube shoulders
- Low unit costs for the coating
- FDA approval possible
- Taste protection I through functional barrier (similar to glass), no loss of aroma and flavours (due to the stop of migration of etheric oils and flavours into the plastic)
- Taste protection II, no migration of plastic additives (e.g. softeners, masterbatches) into the product
- Few limitations in design of the containers
- Protection against oxidation (at least as good as EVOH)
- Migration barrier resistable against water vapour and temperature (better than EVOH)
- Monomaterial is inexpensive, ecological and recycable
- Sensible packaging in terms of ecology, even polymers from regrowing raw materials and biodegradable Polymers can be used
- Cost advantages against multilayer structures like EVOH
- Integration into existing filling lines
- Prolongation of Shelf life for vacuum reaction vessels
- Inexpensive alternative to prefilled glass syringes